Monday, June 14, 2010

Changes

I've been a massage therapist for the last six months for all the wrong reasons.

Give me a second, let me explain.

Most of my friends know me as a mostly positive person, who goes after what he wants. For the most part this is true. I nearly always succeed in life at what I truly put my mind to, and becoming an LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist) is no different. I am always cheering someone on to follow their dreams, and go for what they want in life. Most hear what I have to say, and go back to what they are doing. I've wondered why for a long time, and now I know.

I haven't been practicing what I preach.

I enjoy being a massage therapist. It's a great way to help people and I'm believe that holistic healing is infinitely more helpful (most times) than "regular" medicine and what they pharmaceutical companies want us to buy.

The problem is this: I don't LOVE it.

What do I love? Exercise. I love reading about it. I love doing it and sometimes I even like writing about it.

I have had a dream of opening my own gym for the longest time, and I've never truly acted on it. Going through this process will change my life and hopefully it'll change other's lives as well.

That has changed and I'm on my way.

Am I scared? Not really. When you have a vision for your life and move forward everyday KNOWING it'll happen, it changes things.

Do you have a dream you'd like to pursue? Join me!

Make today your day!!

2 comments:

  1. D-
    You Rock!!!!
    Let it believed, let it be done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Go confidently into the direction of your dreams. - Henry Thoreau
    One step at a time and you'll make it happen!

    ReplyDelete