Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cure For Writer's Block

I have writer’s block. I have been challenged with this for the last couple of days. Normally, I’d be upset because I’m putting in a less than perfect post.

News flash: I am less than perfect.

And it’s ok.

We’ve all had times where we feel that we’ve tried and failed.

Or messed up.

So what? The last paragraph was one sentence that is actually a fragment.

So what?

What can I concentrate on here? I’m actually writing. I’m being honest with you and myself.

How does this relate to health and fitness?

Sometimes we feel like skipping the gym. We’ve had an argument with the boss, or the spouse. Received a speeding ticket. Maybe you just had a bad day.

What do you do?

Carry on. Go anyway. Sometimes you surprise yourself with your results. Sometimes you just need to push yourself.

I have said to myself subconsciously that I’m not good enough and people don’t like me for YEARS! Ridiculous, I know.

Before I wrote this there was a little voice telling me that I’m not a good writer and no one will read my blog, so why write?

Why write?

I love to write even if it’s just for me. I love to exercise and that’s completely for me, although my girlfriend reaps the benefits.

I also do them for you.

I want to be an example. I want to cause a change in this world.

Maybe one word I say will change someone’s life.

Maybe my written word will inspire.

Who knows?

It’s irrelevant. I do it for me…and that’s enough.

Just being honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment