Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Demond Day!!

Happy Demond Day!!!

Yes, I call my birthday Demond Day, which was yesterday, and so do a lot of people I know do now.

Some call it cocky. Some call it silly.

I call it fun.

I had a lot of fun this year, like I always do. I'm always appreciative of how many people care enough to wish me a happy birthday. That's a better gift than any material thing I can receive.

I’ve thought about calling this blog “Happy New Year” because technically it is a new year for me considering I am starting on my 37th year of my life. Like on the other New Year’s Day holiday, I usually spend the time leading up to Demond Day thinking about how the last year went and my current goals.

This last year has been eventful to say the least. I’ve had my ups and downs like everyone else. I was a lot more even keel this year. My ups were good and my downs are few and short-lived.

This year will be another big year for me, and I would like to share with you what I have planned.

My biggest goal is to have a gym that I can be proud of to open around this time next year. Everything I do from here on out has that end in mind.

I have some fitness goals too.

Side Press ½ my bodyweight: I know I can do this by this time next year. This one is well within reach as long as I listen to my body and take my time.

Hold a free handstand for a minute: This one will take some time and I know I can do this. Doing massage as my primary occupation right now will keep me from doing too much. Gotta make that money!

I’m also looking to get down to 155 lbs just to see if I would be comfortable at that weight. I’ve averaged between 160-165 for the last few years. It might be too small for me, so we’ll see. My issue has been staying at that weight. I know it’s not much of a change. It’s just a curiosity thing for me.

Goals are important as we all know. They are important ONLY if we have burning desire to achieve them. If not, they are only fantasies and a waste of time.

Anyway, I’m in the process of writing down my other goals so I can share more if anyone wants to know.

What I want to know is…what are YOUR goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment