Friday, October 8, 2010

Showing my gratitude

As I sit and write this, I have a ton of things to be grateful for. I know that my life is (in the grand scheme of things) amazing and there are days when I feel like I’m the luckiest person in the world.

I am pursuing my passion everyday.

I have a loving fiancée.

I am so abundant in family and friends that love me…sometimes despite myself.

I’m also grateful for my health.

Most importantly, I’m grateful for the Grip and Rip DVDs that I bought a few months ago. That’s where I learned about biofeedback and how I can progress in my chosen exercises every single day and be better for it.

What is biofeedback?
Biofeedback is taking the information your body is giving you and then using it to dictate/guide your training. This can be heart rate, range of motion, rating of perceived exertion (RPE) or exercise speed.
What are the benefits?

What about faster weight loss? I have a client that has lost 2 sizes in her clothes in about a month. That’s without changing her diet too terribly much. Imagine when she gets her food intake dialed in better?
Looking to get bigger? Well, it’ll help you there too if you want it too. If you pick the better exercises for getting bigger, and eat correctly. You will get bigger.

Want to get stronger? I am a testimony to this one. I started doing the deadlift at the gym again using biofeedback. After 2 months, I added 60 pounds to my max deadlift. Those numbers are staggering considering I was barely pulling 300 lbs for my max when I started.

Want a female perspective? I have another client that I train with kettlebells and when she started with me, she could barely swing an 18 lb kettlebell. Now, after 2 months, she can swing a 35 lb kettlebell with relative ease. I’ll write a full blog about her next week.
These are not amazing results. They are typical.

Other benefits? I move better than I have in a long time. I almost feel like I’m barely working out. I feel better after my workout than I did when I came it. That’s a nice feeling when I come from the old school way of working til you pass out and then do some more. I have no desire to do that and possibly hurt myself anymore.

Most importantly, it puts YOU back in charge of your workouts. Your body will tell you how many sets, reps and exercises you will do that day. No more personal trainers pushing you too far and hurting you.
Is it too good to be true?

Nope.

Like the 2nd greatest villain in movies, Darth Vader, once said, “All too easy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment